Tuesday, July 13, 2010

5 ways I survived the holidays!!

I can't beleive how long it has been since I have blogged.  Now that we have term 2 behind us (thank goodness, not sure if I would survive doing it all again) I will be back here again.  I only took 1 week for the holidays because I used the first on doing school.  Now I assured our teacher that it definately not our best unit of work.  We are taking holidays in August to catch up with brand new neices that arrived into the world recently and also to visit the EKKA (Brisbane Royal Show).  I know you all must be thinking that I am mad to be going near another show and aren't I sick of them - but I have a passion for shows so I am really looking forward to it.
Anyway back to school work my theory is that if Miss M was attending a main stream school then we would just not be there for the 2 weeks and she would miss that work, so I told the teacher that even though the work was not the best at least it was done.

So we only had a week of school holidays, and this is how I survived it.
1.  For the first few days the girls were that happy to be able to play together whenever they felt like it.
2.  I made them clean up the toy room.  They found toys they haven't played with for awhile, it was just like getting new toys.
3.  We got a poddy calf (a calf with no mother).  She is very affectionate and so that novelty lasted about a day.
4.  Mr B took them for a drive to check the waters a few times.  Thats a few hours they're not in the house.
5.  Some new DVD's.

We also had a heap fun outside in the garden, feeding all the animals and just not having the pressures of school hanging over our heads.  It was just like a little mini break except we didn't have to leave home. 
We are back at school again but now we are looking forward to our holiday in August.  Happy holidays to eveyone who is still on them.

AnK has some exciting new products that I will blog about in the next little while, so stay tuned.

Angie

No comments: